About The Show
Metro Texture is an upcoming group exhibition of street photography from around the world. The show seeks to celebrate the unique beauty of the urban experience. Any photographers whose work showcases and celebrates the forms or the inhabitants of the metropolis are encouraged to apply.
How To Submit
At A Glance:
Applicants are invited to submit street photography, both analog and digital for a group exhibition to be held at Con Artist Collective, New York City in November 2017.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: September 22nd 2017 at 11:59 PM
SELECTIONS ANNOUNCED: October 4th 2017
PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS DUE: October 8th 2017
FEES & COMMISSION: There is a $10 fee (per image) to submit up to 10 images, additional blocks of 10 images may be submitted for an additional $5 each. All work or small related merchandise myst be offered for sale. Artist will recieve 70 percent of the final purchase price. Curator will retain 30 percent of purchase price as commission.
OPENING RECEPTION: Nov. 8th, 7pm - 11pm.
Additionally, any for any work (or related small merchandise such as postcard prints, zines, books, pins etc) sold at the show, the curator will collect a commission of 30 percent of the final sale price. The artist will receive the remaining 70 percent.
Please name your file(s) in following format: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_TITLE_SIZE (INCHES)
File(s) must be JPEGs set to 1000 pixels on the longest side, at 100 dpi.
If you have difficulty uploading or any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximately 20-30 people will be accepted.
Artists must seek approval to present work larger than 20"x30"
We also accept drop off between Oct. 25th - Nov. 1st [tba] at Solas Studio (115 W 30th St #803b, New York, NY) if you are unable to get to the gallery.
All work must be professionally presented (framed or dry mounted), and include all necessary material for hanging (unframed or unmounted work will not be accepted).
All work must be for sale. The artist will receive 70 percent of the final sale price.
We recommend beginning to print and frame work as soon as entries are announced, by Sept. 22nd [tba].
- Solas Studio offers printing services for those in need, pricing depends on print size (sq/ft) and paper grade.
All dates marked [tba] are approximate.
Terms And Conditions
By Submitting and/or participating, all Artists agree to be bound by these Terms.
All Content of and Participation in Metro Texture is subject to change and is at the sole discretion of the Curator(s).
All Artworks are to be offered for sale to the public and in the event that a sale occurs the Artist and the Curator(s) shall split the sale price. The Artist shall receive 70 percent of the sale price and the Curators shall receive 30 percent of the sale price.
In the event that an Artist receives financial or other assistance in the completion, presentation, transportation or other cost associated with their Artwork and said Artwork is sold, Curator will be reimbursed in full for said costs out of the sale price, the remainder will follow the aforementioned 70/30 split.
Artists are solely responsible for promptly transportin work to/from pickup and drop off locations as applicable. Any work left after the pickup times will be assessed a storage fee of $10 per week. Any work left over 2 months will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of.
Submissions Info: There is no limit to the amount of work you can submit. Approximately 20 people will be accepted. Accepted entries will be announced on Oct. 4th [tba]. If you chose to submit work to this exhibit, please prepare the appropriate materials by Sept. 22nd [tba], including a short biography/artist statement for promotional use. All work must be professionally presented (framed or dry mounted), and include all necessary material for hanging. Unframed or unmounted work will not be accepted. All work must be for sale. Submitted work or merchandise sold during the show will have a 30% gallery commission of purchase price. All work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibition. Framed work is to be dropped off on Nov. 2nd [tba] at Con Artist Collective (119 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002). We also accept drop off between Oct. 25th - Nov. 1st [tba] at Solas Studio (115 W 30th St #803b, New York, NY 10001) if you are unable to get to the gallery. Opening reception is Nov. 8th, 7pm - 11pm. Work will be hung between Nov. 2nd - 4th [tba]. We recommend beginning to print and frame work as soon as entries are announced, by Sept. 22nd [tba]. Solas Studio offers printing services for those in need, pricing depends on print size (sq/ft) and paper grade. All dates marked [tba] are approximate.